Head to these must see Chicago sites to get the most out of your vacation!
There are many great times year-round to take a vacation. Some people wait until the holidays come around while others are planning next year’s summer vacation right now. One great place to spend your next vacation is in Chicago because there is so much history to learn about and there are so many great pieces of art to view around the city as well. Not to mention, the nightlife which includes great music, charming bistros and enough clubs to keep you hopping around all night.
Here are eight must see Chicago sites you just cannot miss:
- Brookfield Zoo: Bring the kids along on this fun filled adventure that features more than 6,000 animals. Look for the Great Bear Wilderness exhibit, the ravens, the bison and the Mexican gray wolves as well. You are sure to leave feeling just a little bit closer to the animals that roam the world.
- Chicago History Museum: Once a history society, this museum now houses great collections that provide the true history of Chicago which includes thousands of photographs, several exhibits and a treasure trove of historical artifacts named, “Chicago: Crossroads of America”.
- Grant Park: Another place that is great for the kids is Grant Park where you can enjoy a day of fun in the sun while experiencing great festivals such as: Taste of Chicago, The Blues Fest and Lollapalooza.
- Navy Pier: Home to the 150-foot Ferris Wheel, the Navy Pier also has an old-fashioned swing ride and a mini golf course with 18 playable holes. Not to mention a string of eateries, gift shops and even a cinema.
- The Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum: Do you love nature? Stop by this beautiful nature museum to enjoy some hands-on experience. Learn about Ice Age mammals, river ecosystems and watch butterflies flutter about in the 2,700-square foot Judy Istock Butterfly Haven.
- Wrigley Field: What kind of trip would it be to Chicago if you didn’t stop by this iconic field? Wrigley Field which was constructed in 1914 offers tours and has a great ice rink for skating during the winter. It is a top destination spot for travelers.
- Chicago Riverwalk: There are many river walks around the USA and Chicago has such a breathtaking one. Stroll along a path of great architecture, ride in water taxis across the water and dine in the waterfront cafes.
- Willis Tower Skydeck: Last but certainly not least is the skydeck which happens to be the second-tallest building in the country. Travel to the top, to the 103rd floor to see the beauty of the city and as if that wasn’t enough a glass cube is available to allow even more views as well. As long as you are willing to crawl into it.
Now that you have some must see Chicago sites to visit, I am sure you are already booking your trip. Safe travels!